Reception: Ages 3 to 4 years
Reception is where your child will learn to learn. And as a parent of a 3-4 year old you will appreciate just how much learning there is to do! Here they learn basic independence skills, do art and craft, socialize and play with their peers. Our reception class also get a solid foundation on their literacy and numeracy skills, cultural knowledge, and refinement of senses.
Other things you will want to know
- The ratio of staff to children is 1:20
- We keep you informed about your child’s behaviour on a regular and informal basis
- We have an open door policy – please talk to us whenever you need to
- We follow the CBC curriculum focusing on personal, social and emotional development, physical development and communication and language
- Good manners and social skills are very important to us
- The school day starts at 8.30am and finishes after lunch at 12.15pm or at the end of the afternoon session at 3:30pm
Kindergarten PP 1: Ages 4 to 5 years
This is a very formative period for your child and as a parent of a 4-5 year old you’ll appreciate how many different things your child can be busy with! Here, in small class groups, we offer a broad and exciting curriculum for the liveliest and most enquiring minds. We place great emphasis on learning to read and thinking mathematically and scientifically – Language, Maths and Science are core subjects.
Kindergarten PP 2 : Ages 5 to 6 years
Set to fly away to Primary School, our brilliant PP 2 are prepared adequately for the take-off – their academic, socio-emotional and physical capabilities refined.
Other things you will want to know for Kindergarten 1 and Kindergarten 2
- The school day starts at 08:30 and finishes at 15:30
- The Ziwani Reading programme ensures careful monitoring of each child’s progress in literacy
- Our Math program provides solid mathematical foundations for all abilities
- Your child will have a weekly swimming lesson
- Our diverse after-school activity puzzles, football, Art & Craft
- Positivity and praise are our mantras